OCC Club Rides Cancelled
Wednesday Club Rides have been cancelled. Stay tuned.
Who We Are
The Orrville Cycling Club, based in Orrville, Ohio, is a USA Cycling (USAC) sanctioned club. Regular weekly rides are scheduled on Wednesday evenings at 6:00 p.m. between the beginning of Daylight Saving Time in March and it’s demise in November. Post-season rides even include night time “Amish Road Rides” if weather permits. (Check the OCC Facebook Page.) Once winter sets in, a group of members rides rollers on Wednesdays at the Orrville Cycling & Fitness bike shop.
Orrville Cycling Club Mission Statement
To promote and facilitate a fun and healthy lifestyle for all ages through cycling by:
- Conducting regular group rides
- Sponsoring and supporting competitive and non-competitive cycling events
- Advocating cyclists’ rights
Wednesday night club rides start at 6:15 p.m. from the Orrville Cycling and Fitness bike shop. Rides are generally organized into three groups and maps are provided for each:
- The A group pace is fast and usually hilly with average speeds of 21 to 24 mph and flat accelerations sometimes approaching 35 mph. Sprints at city/county lines are not uncommon.
- The B riders start out a minute later and follow a slightly shorter version of the same route. The pace is typically 18-22 mph.
- The B(-) group was started for riders that want to do the same route but at a friendlier pace of 18-20 mph, with no one getting dropped.
- The C group starts out on the shortest route at a more friendly and casual pace of 15-17 mph.
- Finally, a Short route is in place for those that can’t quite do the distances or speeds of the other routes.
Everyone ends up back at the bike shop at sunset. Maps are usually posted on the club’s Facebook page on Tuesday or Wednesday. Map your route to the start at:
Racing and The Milk Race
After 29 years of organizing and staging the August Smith’s Dairy Milk Race, we have decided to discontinue the race. Declining numbers of racers, higher operating costs, retirement of race officials, staffing needs and a number of other factors contributed to the decision. Many thanks to all that have contributed their time and resources over the years.
Become a Member
Want to join? Download a copy of the Membership Form and send it to the address on the form.
Contact Orrville Cycling & Fitness – 330-682-1911 for membership info.